Part-Time Program Assistant
Hearts and Homes for Refugees is a nonprofit grassroots humanitarian organization based in Westchester County, NY. Our mission is to work with the U.S. Department of State designated agencies to welcome, protect and advocate for refugees in our communities. We are a growing network of volunteers — families and neighbors, community organizations, and people of goodwill from all faith and civic groups. With our talents, our time, our money we offer hope and help to refugees, in keeping with the time-honored American practice of welcoming newcomers. We work to inspire, educate and motivate others to do the same.
Based in Pelham, NY. Six hours per week, with some hours flexible/remote. Preferred availability onsite 2-4 hours each Monday morning.
This new position will support database and website administration, as well as graphic design and social media. Experience with Google Docs and Sheets or Microsoft Office required Familiarity with MailChimp preferred. Experience in a non-profit environment and with donor databases a plus.
- Update website on an as-needed basis, including supporting the transition to a new website.
- Update donor database in Google Sheets and MailChimp on a weekly basis.
- Incorporate and report on testing strategies for email campaigns.
- Help prepare monthly newsletters and other email campaigns. Layout emails in MailChimp, including finding appropriate images.
- Work to ensure successful promotion and engagement of our campaigns and relevant news on social media.
- Update HHR materials in Google Docs on an as-needed basis.
- Other tasks as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE: Comparable experience as an administrative assistant is preferred. Self-motivation, good interpersonal and communication skills, and attention to detail are essential for this position, as are strong administrative and organizational skills and the capacity to work on multiple projects at one time.
Familiarity with refugee and immigration issues a plus.
To apply: send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.